Currently for Scout & Girl Guide use only while COVID restrictions remain and indoor gatherings are limited.
6th North Watford Scouts, East Drive, Watford WD25 0AH
Availability and costs
Availability: Saturdays and Sundays 9am – 6pm. Not available on any evenings or for regular use.
Hire Costs: Community rate (non profit making): £15 per hour (minimum £60) Commercial rate: £20 per hour (minimum £80).
£20 non returnable deposit required to secure booking (payable by online transfer, cash or cheque) with the balance payable in cash on arrival or BACS in advance.
Also available for Beaver, Cub, Scout, Brownie or Guide sleepovers especially for groups visiting Warner Bros Studio Tour London at Leavesden as The Making of Harry Potter is only 1.5 miles away. Suggested donation £50 per night, enquire for more details. Inspected and approved for Girlguiding use.
Great for occasional children's parties or training courses, no evening parties or long term users.
Rubbish must be taken away with you and the hall left clean & tidy. Decorations permitted if attached by adhesive tack. No glitter, foil sprinkles, slime, messy craft or similar due to carpeted floor.
Please tell us the times you want the key holder to unlock and lock up which should include the time you need for setting up and clearing away. All bookings must be compatible with Scouting values. The group is run entirely by volunteers so please respect our hall and keep to the agreed times.
Viewings in advance welcome by appointment. Adjacent to the public recreation ground with children's play area, close to two main supermarkets.
Onsite car parking for up to 12 cars plus street parking.
Main hall 12 x 9 metres, ceiling height 2.4 metres.
Contains 40 chairs, 6 large and 5 small tables.
Newly fitted kitchen with kettles & microwave, cutlery & crockery, hob & oven.
Two standard toilet cubicles plus one accessible (disabled) toilet.
Games equipment eg giant jenga, table football, air hockey, target games, pick up sticks, croquet, skittles, diabolo set, parachute etc available to hire for £5 each. Indoor bouncy castles must be maximum 2.4 metres high due to ceiling height, we can suggest suitable suppliers.
Flipchart & projector available to hire on request.
Standard conditions of hall hire for occasional hiring of Scout premises
Reminder- we do not take hires for evenings (other than for Scouting or Guiding) or for long term regular use.
1. All hire fees must be paid in advance. Standard hire rates are £15 ph (community rate) or £20 (commercial rate), minimum charge £60. Payment can be made online by bank transfer or by cheque payable to ‘6th North Watford Scout Group’. No hiring will be booked and the Hirer will have no right to use the rooms and facilities until all such payments have been made in full. Normally a £20 deposit is required at the time of booking to secure the date with the balance paid in cash on arrival on the day or by bank transfer in advance.
2. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking the question of repayment of the fees shall be at the discretion of the Scout Group.
3. The Hirer must take all their rubbish home with them, return all furniture to the side of the room and leave the hall clean and tidy. Please remember the Scout Group is run entirely by volunteers- there are no paid cleaners or caretakers!
4. The use of glitter, sprinkled decorations, slime, messy craft or similar are not permitted due to the carpet tiled floor. No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior approval of the Hiring Officer. Party decorations attached to the walls with adhesive-tak are permitted.
5. No literary, dramatic, musical, film or video work shall be performed or shown at the premises and no alcohol shall be sold or supplied without the permission of the Hiring Officer.
6. For events involving children, the Hirer will act in accordance with The Scout Association 'Young People First' code of good practice (on display or available on request).
7. As directed by the Hiring Officer, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents.
8. The fire exit must be kept clear at all times. Emergency procedures & risk assessments are displayed on the noticeboard.
9. The Scout Group accepts no responsibility for any property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property must be removed at the end of each session. Failure by the Hirer to remove the same within 28 days after the hiring then the Scout Group may, in its discretion, dispose of any such items by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer any costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
10. The Hirer shall during the hiring be responsible for supervision of the premises, protection of the fabric and contents, safety from damage however slight and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity and for ensuring the persons leaving the premises during or following the hiring shall do so in an orderly manner and in such a way as not to cause nuisance or annoyance to owners or occupiers of nearby premises.
11. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that permitted under the hire agreement and will not without obtaining the prior consent of the Hiring Officer use or enter the premises at any times other than those permitted under the hiring.
12. The Hirer shall not assign the benefit of the hire agreement. The Hirer shall not share the use of the premises with any other person or organisation unless a member or invitee of the Hirer permitted to use the premises under the hiring. The Hirer shall use their best endeavours to expel any unauthorised persons from the premises.
13. The Scout Group reserves the right to refuse hire for usage incompatible with the values of the Scout Association. As Scouts we are guided by these values:
Integrity - We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal.
Respect - We have self-respect and respect for others.
Care - We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
Belief - We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
Cooperation - We make a positive difference; we cooperate with others and make friends.
14. The Scout Group reserves the right to terminate forthwith any entertainment activity or meeting permitted under the hire which is not properly conducted.
15. The hiring may be determined by notice given by the Hiring Officer if conditions are not complied with by the Hirer but without prejudice to any claim by the Scout Unit against the Hirer for such non-compliance.
16. The hiring agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
17. Your contact information will be used and retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and our data usage policy which is on display in the HQ lobby and on this website.